Unit 2 Activity 3: THE PERSONAL STORY
Artists often have a thematic concern or focus that they explore over and over in a multitude of ways. Their work is almost an extension of themselves and will often reveal their inner world. They will often make strong stylistic choices that, in turn, characterise their body of work.
What to do
- Consider the works of the following artists:
|Frida KahloTracey MoffattEgon SchieleBen QuiltyLouise Bourgeois||Leonor FiniOtto DixKäthe KollwitzWilliam KentridgeMichelangelo Merisi (Caravaggio)|
- Build an image catalogue of one art work per artist that you believe best demonstrates their work and note down vital details of their lives.
- Selecting just one artist, discuss their work and the way in which it explores their identity, emotions and experiences.
What to submit
- 300 – 500 words, including illustrations
- Your image catalogue and notes
This activity will be assessed against criteria 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.