Unit 2 Activity 8: POLITICS AND ARCHITECTURE
During the last thirty years of the nineteenth and the first forty years of the twentieth century, art history saw an enormous variety of developments. Some of these were influenced by war and by therefore, politics and economic and social change. Alongside these developments architecture experienced its own changes.
What to do
- Identify several artistic movements from this period and their coinciding architectural developments.
- Write notes, responding to the following questions, on the printed results of your research.
- Can you find a relationship between the art and the architecture?
- Can you find a relationship between the socio/economic and political developments and the architecture?
- Select one artistic movement and one architectural style that interests you. Can you explain what you find interesting?
What to submit
- 300 – 500 words reporting on one art movement and one architectural style that you found interesting. Include your opinions
- All of the loose notes associated with your research
This activity will be assessed against criteria 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.